Please join us for the 2019 LESBA Spring Beekeeping Forum
Saturday, March 23, 2019, 9AM-4PM
Wicomico County Extension Office
28637 Old Quantico Road in Salisbury, MD
New this year!!
- Fee lowered to $10 and includes 2019 membership
- Free to members
- Information for the beginner AND intermediate beekeeper
- Lecture free, relaxed schedule
Visit the following stations at your convenience!
- EQUIPMENT – Featuring many accessories for both 8 and 10 frame hives
- TOOLS – Introduction to tools of the trade, smoker fuels, and what to take with you when visiting your hive
- NUTRITION & FEEDING – See the various feeding equipment and learn when and how to nourish your bees
- PEST & DISEASE CONTROL – Learn about the various pest and disease detection and control methods
- LIVE HIVE INSPECTION 11AM & 2PM – Bring your suit and see how it’s done!
- OBSERVATION HIVE – See our girls at work!
- QUEEN REARING – Learn various queen rearing methods
- APIARY EXPANSION – Topics will include: Making nucs/splits, reverse splits, capturing swarms, purchasing nucs vs. purchasing packages